Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Export bin 1-36 in one Excel file

Export bin 1-36 in one Excel file
Answer
10/21/14 2:11 PM
Hi there,

I would like to export the info of all 36 bin into one single excel file. so far I was able to export the bins one by one and then combine them in a single file. But this is very time-consuming. Is there any possibility to export them in one step??

thanks,
Caro

RE: Export bin 1-36 in one Excel file
Answer
10/21/14 2:30 PM as a reply to Caroline Anna Marcon.
Hi Caro

the simplest is to download them from this website.

Best Wishes
Björn

Answer
10/22/14 11:40 AM as a reply to Björn Usadel.
Hi Björn,

thanks for the fast answer. but I meant something different. I already have the info about the single bins.
My point is: I did a Mapman analysis using 12 datasets, each containing 50 - 3000 transcripts and successfully map each of them to the reference: Zm_B73_5b_FGS_cds_2012. As a result the transcripts are classified into the 36 bins. For one of my datasets e.g. 500 of the transcripts are in bin 27 and I know how to export them into an Excel file by saving the info table (pathway:overview, where you can see all 36 bins). This export step I could do now for every other bin where the other transcripts map to. In the end I would have 36 excel files each containing the mapped transcripts. The question is now: Is there an automated way to export the mapped transcripts of the bins 1-36 into one single excel file at once (without export them one by one).

Thanks again for your help.

Best,
Caroline

mapman rna seq data
Answer
9/11/16 4:13 PM as a reply to Caroline Anna Marcon.
Caroline Anna Marcon:
Hi Björn,

thanks for the fast answer. but I meant something different. I already have the info about the single bins.
My point is: I did a Mapman analysis using 12 datasets, each containing 50 - 3000 transcripts and successfully map each of them to the reference: Zm_B73_5b_FGS_cds_2012. As a result the transcripts are classified into the 36 bins. For one of my datasets e.g. 500 of the transcripts are in bin 27 and I know how to export them into an Excel file by saving the info table (pathway:overview, where you can see all 36 bins). This export step I could do now for every other bin where the other transcripts map to. In the end I would have 36 excel files each containing the mapped transcripts. The question is now: Is there an automated way to export the mapped transcripts of the bins 1-36 into one single excel file at once (without export them one by one).

Thanks again for your help.

Best,
Caroline

Hi Caroline,
Did you figure out way to export excel data from Mapman into third party applications like excel in one go? I am having the same problem. I know we can export each major bin but that is very time consuming considering that for each pathway you can expect datapoints will fall in 25-30 bins (for example).
Please let me know if you know that solution. It will save lot of time.
Thanks

Singh

Answer
9/28/16 7:20 PM as a reply to Sukhwinder Singh Aulakh.
I see where you guys are coming from. So you have expression data and want to annotate it?
This is currently not supported. I will try to set up a simple webservice to do so.

Best Wishes
Björn