Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Extending MapMan to Grass?

Extending MapMan to Grass?
extending maman to grass
Answer
6/17/13 2:55 AM
Hi guys,

I am working on transcriptomics study (RNA seq) of ryegrass (lolium prerenne) under water deficit stress. And I am really impressed by the overview of pathways and high resolution picture output features of MapMan, and want to use it in my data analysis. Is it possible to extend MapMan to my study? As there is no mapping file etc of ryegrass in Mapman database. Or should I generate my own mapping file? And how to do it? I have read the Manual several times, but did not figure out how to do so.

Looking forward to seeing your answer or suggestions.

Best,

YF

RE: Extending MapMan to Grass?
Answer
6/17/13 11:59 AM as a reply to yanfei zhou.
Hi yanfei zhou,

to-date, we don't have a ryegrass mapping in the public MapManStore. We can, however, create
such a mapping using the mercator pipeline (http://mapman.gabipd.org/web/guest/app/mercator)
if you can provide the protein or nucleotide sequences in FASTA format.

You can send the sequences using our secure transfer system: https://cryptshare.mpg.de/index.php?lg=en

best greetings,
Marc

Answer
6/17/13 1:43 PM as a reply to Marc Lohse.
Hi Marc,

Thanks for your suggestion. By the sequences, do you mean the whole EST library or only genes differently expressed?

best regards,

YF

Answer
6/17/13 1:44 PM as a reply to yanfei zhou.
Hi,

both would be possible - i would, however, suggest that you send the whole set - so you will get
functional annotations for each (putative) transcript you have.

cheers,
Marc

Answer
6/17/13 2:36 PM as a reply to Marc Lohse.
Hi Marc,

That sounds good. Can you let me know your email address please? THe MPI cryptshare requests it.

Cheers,

YF

Answer
6/17/13 3:34 PM as a reply to yanfei zhou.
Ah sorry - i had forgotten to post it: lohse_at_mpimp-golm.mpg.de

cheers,
Marc

Answer
6/18/13 11:24 AM as a reply to Marc Lohse.
Hi Marc,

I have uploaded the file on cryptshare. Please let me know through email if you have got the notification message.

Cheers,

YF