Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Mercator data file generated but not able to load on mapman

Hi ,
I was able to generate load data on Mercator in fasta format and mercator worked well and gave me a .txt file. When I tried to load the file on mapman, it kept giving me this error message "Error during data configuration:Error reading sample entries2"
I tried generating new file using nucleotides instead of amino acid sequences. The process ran well in Mercator, file was generated in .txt format but the same error message came in mapman.
I also tried saving the generated .txt file in .xls format, I was able to see the genes dividied in different bins etc. but on loading to mapman same error message kept on coming.
Please help me in this matter. It might be a bug in generting .txt file?
apurv

RE: Mercator data file generated but not able to load on mapman
Answer
1/9/13 10:35 AM as a reply to Apurva Bhargava.
Hi Apurva,

the error message seems to indicate that you tried loading the mercator-generated mapping file
as a data file. When visualizing data with MapMan, there are actually 3 components that the
software needs to display the data on a biological pathway. The first is the actual numeric data
representing e.g. log2-fold changes of gene expression, the second is a mapping file that assigns
each gene identifier in the data file to at least one MapMan bin category and the third is a graphical
representation of a biological pathway onto which the data is to be projected.

The file that is generated by mercator is the mapping file. To guide first time users through the
steps needed to display data in MapMan, we provide an exhaustive User guide - available
for download from our web site: http://mapman.gabipd.org/web/guest/mapman - I would suggest
you use this guide because it explains step by step how to import and configure the data (which might
not be directly obvious for first time users).

I hope this helps you to successfully use MapMan,

best greetings,
Marc