Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Adjusting scale values and/or colour

Adjusting scale values and/or colour
Answer
1/3/13 3:38 PM
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to adjust the scale by filling in the lowest and highest value my self?
At this moment I can only fill in one number, for example 5 and than the scale is from -5 until 5.
I would like to have a scale from 0 til 5, is this possible?
Is it also possible to adjust the colours? Now you can choose between different colour bars, but is it possible to make your personal one?

Already thank you for your advice!

Kinr regards,
A. Weijn

RE: Adjusting scale values and/or colour
Answer
1/3/13 4:38 PM as a reply to A Weijn.
Hi,

without knowing about the nature of your data it is hard to comment.
As the applications intended usage was to show comparisons, the aim was to show log fold changes.
This will result in positive and negative values.

If you can explain the use case for having multiple colors we might go into this in the next version which is due in the next months.
You can get a pre release beforehand, if necessary.
I know that in thermal imaging, the colors go from blue to green to red to orange to yellow to white or so. This appears sensible to me if you have fine grained highly reliable data which is on a positive scale only.

Concerning the current color scheme, we tried to stick to a few basic ones which are easily visually distinguishable.
So no, you can't have a you custom color for now. The current colors go from white to the full color and than to a darker version of the color to enlarge the dynamic color range even further. This won't be that easy with custom colors.

Axel