Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Error loading mapping file

Error loading mapping file
Answer
12/13/12 5:58 PM
Dear all,

I was using MapMan a year before. I had a mapping file (prepared by Marc Lohse from MapMan software) and it was working before. Now, when I start loading mapping file, I am getting error message like
"Error loading mapping:
Line2:
row does contain less than four values(5)".

I guess somes problem happen in Line 2 but when I campare my mapping file with other mapping file downloaded from MapMan store. It is same or, i could not figure out what is the problem.

I will be very happy if some body can help me.

Thank you very much

Regards,

Ram Kumar Basnet

RE: Error loading mapping file
Answer
12/13/12 7:20 PM as a reply to Ram Kumar Basnet.
Dear Ram Kumar,

is this an Excel File?
Excel sometimes adds whole empty columns. As MapMan can both work with 4 and 5 columns (the latter if you mix T_ranscripts and P_roteins and M_etabolites as TYPE) having a 5th column which is empty confuses MapMan. (Actually it probably should then gracefully assume the whole column is empty)

But if you do not have a type column (labeled type and full of T for your actual transcripts, scroll down a few thousand llines first)
and you use EXCEL then delete the whole column-> in Excel right click on the column header (Probably column E) and select delete.

Then save and try again.

Best Wishes,
Björn

RE: Error loading mapping file
Answer
12/14/12 6:17 PM as a reply to Björn Usadel.
Dear Björn,

Thanks for your response. I have TYPE column with full of T. I tried by deleting this column, then maping file successfully load, BUT when i used Experiment DATA type, it did not show any colored box of VALUE. So, it is not also useful then. I could not understand. I tried with example mapping (given in MapMan website), sometimes it work and some time it does not.
I could not understand.

I will be very happy if this problem will be solved.

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

Ram Kumar Basnet