Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

high resolution image of pathways

high resolution image of pathways
high resolution image biotic stress pathways
Answer
11/21/12 2:30 PM
I would need a high resolution image of the biotic stress pathway to make a figure for a paper. Is this available in Mapman?
Thanks

RE: high resolution image of pathways
Answer
11/21/12 3:05 PM as a reply to Hoai-Nam Truong.
The underlying image of the "biotic stress" pathway is a png. So the scalability is good but limited.

Did you already try from the Menu: "Pathway" -> "save as image".
This dialogue allows you to save as png image again and set the resolution to get a hight quality print.

Cheers
Axel

Answer
11/21/12 3:34 PM as a reply to Hoai-Nam Truong.
Hi thanks for your quick reply. I tried exporting the image with a high resolution but still it would be better to have a vectorized image. From the forum there was a message from B Usadel in 2007 saying that there were vectorized images of pathways in Mapman, if I understood correctly. Are these images available?

Answer
11/21/12 3:54 PM as a reply to Hoai-Nam Truong.
Well, there are pathways as vector graphics.
I made sure that they are exported as vector graphics as well.

However this pathway is not available as vector graphics.
So when you choose a higher resolution, the MapMan data overlay will take advantage of that and use the higher resolution but the pathway will be just upscaled.

Axel

Answer
7/1/23 7:43 AM as a reply to Axel Nagel.
Photos can be difficult to work with, especially if you need to create a project and there are not enough images. I found a site where there are a lot of ganesha vector, they help me in my work and make projects bright.