Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Add bin to pathway

Add bin to pathway
Answer
11/5/12 10:53 AM
Dear all, I wanted to ask that how I could add a new bin to an existing pathway?
what I want is to add
26.10: Id at2g40890:
located at chr. 2: 1.7058052E7 -> 1.7060652E7
Description: Symbols: CYP98A3 | CYP98A3 (cytochrome P450, family 98, subfamily A, polypeptide 3); monooxygenase/ p-coumarate 3-hydroxylase | chr2:17058053-17060652 REVERSE

which is also involved in lignin pathway/phenylpropanoid pathway, where Coumaryl shikimate quinate in converted to caffeoyl shikimate quinate, this p-coumarate 3-hydroxylase (C3H) http://www.arabidopsis.org/servlets/TairObject?id=34317&type=locus
should be there.
please guide me how I could add it. I tried to add by writing 26.10,,,,,,,,but then all 35 bins having code 26.10 were coming there. I only need this one with specific Id.

Thanks

AAWT

RE: Add bin to pathway
Answer
11/5/12 11:00 AM as a reply to Aysha Kiran.
Hi,

if i understood you correctly, you want to add another BIN assignment to at2g40890?
That can be done by simply adding a line to the respective mapping file. Download the
file from the MapManStore in Excel format (http://mapman.gabipd.org/web/guest/mapmanstore),
open it in excel, scroll to the line containing the ID you want to add a BIN assigment
to. Then simply duplicate the line describing the gene and modify the bincode and binname
of the copied line to give the new BIN you want to assign. Save the result - done.

the Bin you would want to add would be

16.2.1.5 secondary metabolism.phenylpropanoids.lignin biosynthesis.C3H

I hope this answers your question - if not please don't hesitate to ask.

cheers,
Marc