Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Robin critical message

Robin critical message
critical message
Answer
10/31/12 1:30 PM
I have a question please, after arranging my group of comparisons using Robin and click next I got this massage "Critical, present/absence calls, can't be computed" What shall I do, ignore it and proceed or what?

Thank you!

RE: Robin critical message
Answer
11/1/12 8:40 AM as a reply to Thana K Khan.
This warning message indicates that the algorithm for determining whether a transcript
could be clearly detected above background (=present) or not (=absent) failed on your
data. Without further details i cannot infer why that has happened in your case.

Anyhow - you can ignore this warning and move onward with the analysis. But you should
be very cautious and look at the results very carefully keeping in mind that there might be
some hidden issue.

Check the raw intensity histograms that are produced in the quality assessment step - in case
you have a very low average signal intensite (e.g. the peak of the curve is shifted to the left
of the plot) the present-absent call algorithm might have failed because of a bad signal to
noise ratio.

cheers,
Marc

RE: Robin critical message
Answer
11/1/12 3:37 PM as a reply to Marc Lohse.
Hi Marc,

Thank you for your quick reply, I read your answer on the forum after receiving your email and signing in to my account. Thanks again for answering my question.

All the best!
Thana

Newcastle University. UK
Gatehouse Group