Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

MapManWeb

MapManWeb
Answer
1/31/12 4:01 AM
Hi,

MaizeGDB is currently working on visualizing the latest Sekhon et al 2011 data on MapMan. I'm a graduate student working with MaizeGDB ( http://www.maizegdb.org/). We are currently working with Maize mappings (Zm_B73_5b_FGS_cds_2011 ) available on MapMan store. To double check the Maize Mappings, we would like to get to know the team which did these mappings. Could you please guide us to the group which did the latest Maize mappings?

We are currently working to make the expression data to be used in MapMan software, but would really like to have the data also available in MapManWeb. Could you also please let us know if this is possible, and what data you would require from us for this purpose.

Thank you for your time and effort

Regards
Gokul
--
Wimalanathan Kokulapalan
First Year Graduate Student
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Program
Iowa State University

RE: MapManWeb
Answer
1/31/12 9:59 AM as a reply to Wimalanathan Kokulapalan.
Dear Gokul,

thanks for your interest in using MapMan for MaizeGDB! Regarding the mappings your contact person
would be me (lohse@mpimp-golm.mpg.de) while the contact for MapManWeb Axel Nagel (nagel@mpimp-golm.mpg.de).

Please feel free to contact us any time to discuss the details.

Best greetings,
Marc

Answer
1/31/12 11:22 AM as a reply to Wimalanathan Kokulapalan.
Hi Gokul,

we have some methods to remotely visualize MapManWeb.
The standard way is that we either load your data sets into our database or you make your data sets available on your web site and MapManWeb will be configured to visualize the data directly.
The MapManWeb application can then be put on your web site via the "Add to any website" link from http://mapman.gabipd.org/web/guest/mapmanweb page. Thus it can be added to your web page.
If you would want to set up the ManManWeb Application yourself at maizegdb.org you will have to do some programming.
It is currently a Java Portlet which would need to be adapted to directly connect to your data base.

have a nice day
Axel

Answer
2/8/12 5:24 PM as a reply to Axel Nagel.
Thanks for the information.

I have talked to others at MaizeGDB, and we would like to send the data to you and direct users to MapManWeb application to look at the data.
I'm waiting for some data from the biologists before I can prepare the data for you. As soon as I get it I can send it to you.

Meanwhile, I was wondering if the web tools can be updated for the following options.

I have expression levels of 60 different tissues (60 treatments), and the biologists are interested in comparing one tissue with other (e.g. leaf vs root, stem vs leaf, stem vs root etc). Will it be possible to make the MapManWeb to have two drop down boxes so that the user can choose any two tissues he wants to compare, and use the appropriate data for that comparison (the data can be pre-calculated or can be calculated on the fly). If you could be kind enough to let me know if this is possibility, it will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Gokul