Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Export data

Export data
Answer
1/11/12 9:57 AM
Hello,

I have data from Mt16kOLI1Plus microarrays, from CeBiTec (Bielefeld University, Germany). I have converted my data in a .txt format.
To start Show Pathway, I choose Metabolism_overview (Pathway), my data file (Experimental data set), and Medicago 16k (Mapping). Is it ok?
My problem: the map is empty

Am I working right? What´s the right structure in the .txt file?

thank you

RE: Export data
Answer
1/11/12 10:17 AM as a reply to Alejandro Lafuente.
Hi,

what does it say in the log window under the pathway.

e.g.

Mapped 14772 out of 13403 ( some of the data points may be mapped multiple times to different bins )
Visible in this pathway: 157

Does it map any data points at all (first line)?
Or are they just not visible on the pathway (second line)?

Axel

Answer
1/11/12 11:58 AM as a reply to Axel Nagel.
Hi Alex,

First, there is an information window that says: "Data does not fit mapping used (No data points mapped)!! Please choose the appropiate mapping which matches your data!!", but the unique Medicago truncatula mapping I saw is "Medicago 16k".

And the log window is empty.

Thank you

Answer
1/11/12 2:03 PM as a reply to Alejandro Lafuente.
Can you post an excerpt of the ids you use within the data.
So we can check what kind of ids you used.
If you double click on the mapping file within the left tree view you will get a tree like view on the mapping and get to know what ids are present there.

Axel

Answer
1/13/12 12:19 PM as a reply to Axel Nagel.
Dear Axel, I have resolved the problem. Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Alejandro

Answer
1/13/12 12:21 PM as a reply to Alejandro Lafuente.
Could you explain where the problem was?
It might help other people having similar problems

Answer
1/20/12 10:00 AM as a reply to Axel Nagel.
yes!!

My data format has several columns with information about each gene, but these description columns seem disturbed the linking process about Mt16kOLI code and the Mapman code for my microarray.
So, I´ve removed all of them, except the Mt000??? code column. And defined it as a description column.

When Mapman runs, other columns appear with the information about each gene, so the information is not lost, and the Mapman program can identify all the genes and create the metabolic pathways.

I hope my experience will serve.

I'm sorry my English is not good, if you don't understand my explanation or something else I can help please email me.

Thank you very much for your attention

Alejandro