Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

RE: Robin could not read RNA-Seq FASTQ file

Hi The Cuong,

and thanks for using Robin. The error message you got indicates that the input FastQ file
is corrupted. Ideally you should check the line indicated - there are some text editors that
can handle large files. On linux/mac i always use 'vim' or simply 'less' to look into large files
(it takes a while to open them, though).

Maybe the file was corrupted during transfer from the SRA or it was corrupted when extracting
the fastQ files using the SRA toolkit. You could try downloading or extracting the data again.
Aside from that, i fear, i don't have any other suggestion than looking into the file and trying to
find out what's wrong on line number 19525916...

I hope this helps - please don't hesitate to ask again if you have further problems.

bests,
Marc

Answer
12/13/11 4:10 AM as a reply to Marc Lohse.
Hello Marc:

Thank you for your email and explanation. I checked the data file with Linux and found that the line that caused error was the end line of the file.

I installed Robin again on another computer and run with the same data file and it worked.

Robin is a great tool. It would be nice it has a user guide for RNA-Seq data.

Best regards

Cuong

Answer
12/13/11 9:14 AM as a reply to Cuong The Nguyen.
Hi Cuong,

i am happy to hear that you could fix the problem - although i am quite surprised that
simply installing Robin on a different computer was the solution...

Concerning your very valid request for a user guide on RNA-Seq analysis: I am currently
working on that and the updated Users Guide containing a full documentation of the RNA-Seq
analysis workflow will be included in the next release package of Robin (coming in january 2012).

Best greetings,
Marc