Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Robin: no functional annotation of the results

Hi! I am a new user of Robin emoticon.
I am analysing Affymetrix GeneChip data. I can do chip quality assessment and experimental design without problems. When I arrage the groups by dragging them around (step 2 of 4) and press a button Next there is no further functionall annotation of the results. Robin does not show the result annotation dialog. What could be the reason for that? Thank you in advance!!!

RE: Robin: no functional annotation of the results
Answer
9/27/11 3:32 PM as a reply to Anastassia Boudichevskaia.
Hi Anastassia,

did you define comparisons between the groups by drawing arrows between them (by CTRL-Click-dragging)?
If not, please do so, because otherwise Robin does not know which comparisons to compute. If you did define
comparisons, the problem must lie somewhere else. Could you please tell me which version of Robin you were
using and on which platform (operating system and java version) you are working with? Please do also make sure that
you do not use the any special characters in the group names (like e.g. "^"). Most of them should be captured by
Robin, but there are some that might interfere with the statistical analysis in the underlying bioconductor
packages.

Which Affy chip type (e.g. ATH1 for arabidopsis) are you using? another cause of the problem might be
that you use a chip for which the CDF package (this defines where which probe lies where on the chip) was not included
in Robin. Usually, the CDF package will automatically be downloaded, if missing - but this might fail depending on
your local internet connection settings.

I hope this helps,
best greetings,
Marc

Answer
9/27/11 4:36 PM as a reply to Marc Lohse.
Hi Marc,

Thank you very much for so fast reply! I define comparisons between the groups by drawing arrows between them. I do not use the any special characters in the group names (like e.g. "^").
I use the Robin version 1.2.0 for data analysis. I have installed it from the mapman website (RobinInstaller_Windows_32bit_Java VM.exe). I have the Windows 7 Ultimate operating system. We use the Affymetrix GeneChip Arabidopsis ATH1 chip type.

I would be very glad if there is any way to solve my problem. Thank you!

Answer
9/27/11 4:58 PM as a reply to Anastassia Boudichevskaia.
I forgot to say: a chip type is ATH1-121501