Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Integrating metabolome data into mapman

Hi,

We have the metabolome data and want to integrate the same into mapman. Earlier we have used Mercator to integrate transcript and protein data. Now can you suggest any other tool. I have used GMD (Golm Metabolite database) but I could not understand how to retrieve mapman bin ids for the metabolites.

Please suggest what is to be done.

Thanks
Rao

RE: Integrating metabolome data into mapman
Answer
9/8/11 3:40 PM as a reply to Kameswara Rao Kottapalli.
Hi Marc,

I have posted a question on 29th August and did not get any reply so far. Can you please look at it and get back to me.

Thanks
Rao

Answer
9/12/11 3:35 AM as a reply to Kameswara Rao Kottapalli.
Dear Rao,

the latest Mercator versions should provide a header that includes metabolites. Otherwise you can just include them manually by copying them over from a mapping file including metabolites. They have the M flag in the ID column.

Bestv Wishes,
Björn

Answer
9/12/11 9:38 PM as a reply to Björn Usadel.
Thank you for the reply.

Regards
Rao

Answer
9/12/11 9:43 PM as a reply to Björn Usadel.
Hi Björn,

Can you provide the link to new Mercator. The one available is old.

Thanks
Rao

Answer
9/13/11 9:52 PM as a reply to Kameswara Rao Kottapalli.
Hi Björn,

I looked at some of the mapping files available in Mapman store and our own mapping files from previous projects, but could not find anything flagged as M for metabolites. Can you send me a mapping file which has the metabolite data.

Thanks
Rao

Answer
9/14/11 8:42 AM as a reply to Kameswara Rao Kottapalli.
Hi Rao,

I will check the mappings in the store these days and complete the ones that do not contain
metabolites - Please tell me which ones are the most urgent for you so i can start with these.

cheers,
Marc

Answer
9/14/11 3:52 PM as a reply to Marc Lohse.
Thank you Marc,

I appreciate your support.

I looked at the MapMan store and could not find the mapping file you have generated for peanut (Arachis hypogaea). So I have attached the file along with this post. Please do update this mapping file with the metabolite bin ids.

Regards
Rao

Answer
9/16/11 5:14 PM as a reply to Marc Lohse.
Hi Marc,

I have this list of metabolites (file attached) and can you generate a mapping file for these metabolites. I mean can you assign MapMan bincode, identifier, name and description for these metabolites.

Thanks
Rao

Answer
9/21/11 3:56 PM as a reply to Kameswara Rao Kottapalli.
Hi Marc,

Did you get a chance to look at the metabolite file I have attached with my previous message. Can you please generate a mapping file for the same.

Thanks
Rao

Answer
10/3/11 9:55 PM as a reply to Kameswara Rao Kottapalli.
Hi Marc,

Can you please look at my previous post and generate a mapping file for the list of metabolites attached with that post.

Thanks
Rao

Answer
10/4/11 9:50 AM as a reply to Kameswara Rao Kottapalli.
resolved by personal communication

Answer
12/23/11 9:45 PM as a reply to Marc Lohse.
Can you let me know the status of assigning bin ids to the list of metabolites I have sent.

Thank you

Merry christmas and happy holidays
Rao