Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Interwoven loop design

Interwoven loop design
Answer
7/6/11 5:35 PM
Hello everyone,

My goal is to verify the change in gene expression in 4 maize varieties under cold stress.

I have designed an interwoven loop design with 8 samples and 2 treatments. The 8 samples are the 4 maize varieties in control conditions and in cold stress.

The design is in the file attached.

A, C, E, G are the four varieties under control conditions; B, D, F, H are the same four varieties under cold stress. For every sample I have used 3 biological replicates.

According to the design the dyes are balanced without the need for a dye swap.

I was not able to specify to Robin the interwoven loop design, therefore I have considered the three loops separately. When it comes to assign the dyes to the samples on the slides, I am asked for a reference sample, which by default is the first name I insert. This is a concern to me, since in a loop design there is no reference sample. The issue with assigning a sample as a reference is that the results differ significantly according to reference sample chosen. I have no single variety that can be considered as a reference.

Moreover, when I run the quality checks I get warning for all the MA-plots which I suppose it is normal when a treatment like cold is applied or when different varieties are considered.

Thanks for paying attention!

Mauro