Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Rat Gene St Arrays

Rat Gene St Arrays
Answer
3/30/11 9:17 AM
Hi there, Can I use Robin to analyse Rat gene st arrays? I have tried it but its crashes stating it does not have the correct cdf file. How can I upload it?
Thanks very much

RE: Rat Gene St Arrays
Answer
3/30/11 11:04 AM as a reply to Margaret Ryan.
Hi Margaret,

i am currently preparing a new release of Robin that will include fixes and also a few
new features. One of them being the option to analyse chips that are not supported
by a packaged CDF environment. You will be able to analyse any Affymetrix GeneChip
data for which you can supply a matching CDF file. These files are usually provided by
Affymetrix themselves via their website (i checked it and there's one for your rat chip).

I just tested this new feature with the sample data and the CDF file provided by Affymetrix
and it worked. Unfortunately i still have to do some testing before i can make the new release
available so i have to ask for some patience (a few days).

Please check the Robin page (http://mapman.gabipd.org/web/guest/robin) - by next week
there will be the new release available for download.

Best greetings,
Marc

RE: Rat Gene St Arrays
Answer
3/30/11 9:39 PM as a reply to Marc Lohse.
Thanks for that Marc. Look forward to trying it!