Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

error in overview pathway

error in overview pathway
Answer
2/25/11 6:48 AM
lately, I am getting an error message whenever I tried to view the overview pathway. The error message says " Error parsing bincode followed by http://mapman.gabipd.org/c/document_library/get_file?uuid=0493e69a-d3c2-4278-acad-b58ad1fdede3&groupId=10207 ' What does that mean?

Thanks.

Thomas

RE: error in overview pathway
Answer
2/25/11 8:36 AM as a reply to thomas keat teoh.
Hi Thomas,

it would be helpful if you could provide a bit more information: Which version of MapMan are you using,
which operating system are you using, do you mean the "Metabolism overview" pathway, which mapping
file did you use? I just tried this pathway with an arabidopsis demo dataset and it worked fine for me.

One thing that could have happened is that the pathway file got corrupted on your system. To fix this you could
unlink the Metabolism overview pathway in MapMan (by right-clicking on it an choosing unlink) and down-
load it again from the MapMan store. This is easily done by right-clicking on the "Pathway" section of the
tree view showing all Experiments/Pathways/Mappings and choosing "Add pathway"->"download".

Hope this helps - if not do not hesitate to ask again.

cheers,
Marc

RE: error in overview pathway
Answer
2/25/11 6:55 PM as a reply to Marc Lohse.
Thanks, Marc for your prompt response. I did what you recommended. Unlink the old overview/overview pathway and downloaded it again from the mapman website and it works.

BTW, I am using version 3.5.1,my operating system is Window 7 and I am using the maize mapping file.

Thomas.