Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

MapMan metabolite names

MapMan metabolite names
mapman
Answer
2/17/11 5:07 PM
Sorry, if this was already answered somewhere... Where can I find list of proper MapMan metabolite names? I thought I had them from the new Golm Metabolome Database, but some are not correct - many of our metabolites don't appear when we visualize them on MapMan eventhough they're present at high levels.

Thanks,

Eva

RE: MapMan metabolite names
Answer
2/18/11 9:41 AM as a reply to Eva Collakova.
Dear Eva,

you can find the list of metabolites currently recognized by MapMan in the MappingMetabolites.m01
file supplied via the MapManStore (http://mapman.gabipd.org/web/guest/mapmanstore). We are also
currently updating the information in the GMD to make sure that MapMan metabolite names provided
there are in synch with the MapMan application - this will be finished within the next few weeks. Sorry
for the inconvenience and best greetings,
Marc

mapman
Answer
2/21/11 7:30 PM as a reply to Marc Lohse.
I'm sorry, Marc, perhaps I'm missing something... I went to the mappings in the store, but it only seems to have microarray stuff. I couldn't locate the MappingMetabolites.m01 file. I also checked the "Pathways" and "Sample data files" just in case - no luck. Could you please provide more info on where it is? Thanks,

Eva

Answer
2/22/11 12:23 PM as a reply to Eva Collakova.
Hi Eva,

i am sorry - that was my bad. The file was missing a flag that would make it publicly available. Please
check again - now you should be able to find and download it.

best greetings,
Marc

mapman
Answer
2/22/11 8:22 PM as a reply to Marc Lohse.
Thanks, Marc, I got it.

eva