Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Mapping file for Cotton

Mapping file for Cotton
mapping file
Answer
12/26/09 6:26 PM
Hi Mapman users and curators,

Recently I have generated a mapping file for a non-sequenced crop - Peanut (Arachis hypogaea) Agilent array. Now I am trying ot genrate a mapping file for Cotton (Cotton 16 assembly) Agilent array. In this assembly we have 67000 sequences and we have split them into 5 files and trying to create mapping file using Mercator.

Now I would like to know whether I can upload all 67000 sequences into Mercator or shall I upload each part one by one. In that case I have uploaded a file on 21st December with 10000 sequences and yet to receive a link to download results. The job link is pasted below.
http://mapman.gabipd.org/web/guest/mercator/-/mercator/Mercator5a702c486cd0549128079dcbdb8cee94

Cay anyone help me in retreiving the results.

BTW can I use Mercator for generating mapping files? or I have to use some oher tools. From my experience with peanut, Ithe mapping looks great, ofcourse with several unknowns.

In case any one has a mapping file for Cotton 16 assembly, please email to my address rao.kottapalli@ars.usda.gov .

I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks
Rao

RE: Mapping file for Cotton
Answer
1/15/10 12:25 PM as a reply to Kameswara Rao Kottapalli.
answered via personal message

RE: Mapping file for Cotton
Answer
1/11/11 12:42 AM as a reply to Marc Lohse.
Hi Marc,

I could not find the mapping file for cotton in the MapMan store. Can you send me the text and Excel files for this mapping.

Thanks
Rao