Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Regarding MapMan 4, mapping files

Regarding MapMan 4, mapping files
Answer
9/18/18 10:18 AM
I used Mercator4 to generate a mapping file for my sequences. I am working on a non model species. There is a mention of downloading some mapping files first into the MapMan tool in the website as:

" From within MapMan make sure to download the mapping files starting with X4".

When I tried to download the mapping files, there appear no files starting with X4.

I have few confusions:
1. What are these new X4 files for?
2. From where can I download them into my MapMan?
3. Do the already installed mapping files have any problem with the mercator4 results.
4. I see that the mercator4 results look quite well organized than the previous and having around 50 bin tha n the 35 earlies. But after importing it into MapMan, the mapping categories doesnot appear like they appear in tree view in Mercator4.
4.where is the problem?

I really appreciate the way you people organise the tool, this is simply great.

RE: Regarding MapMan 4, mapping files
Answer
9/18/18 10:32 AM as a reply to aasim majeed bhat.
Dear Aasim

1. What are these new X4 files for?

these are image files using the same ontology as the new Mercator data

2. From where can I download them into my MapMan?
A) From within MapMan right click on Pathways -> new ->downlaod
emoticon by hand from https://mapman.gabipd.org in the download section or from the usadellab github account

3. Do the already installed mapping files have any problem with the mercator4 results.
->Yes they only work with the old ontology

4. I see that the mercator4 results look quite well organized than the previous and having around 50 bin tha n the 35 earlies. But after importing it into MapMan, the mapping categories doesnot appear like they appear in tree view in Mercator4.
=>It should be the same categories and strcuture however online it summarized based on number in the application it shows individual genes

4.where is the problem?
I reckon we should provide some help files emoticon
Old images and files work with old vanilla mappings
New X4 results with X4 images. Sorry for the confision

Björn

Answer
9/19/18 6:55 AM as a reply to Björn Usadel.
Thanks dear for reply

However, there is one more thing to know about:

After browsing in the downloads section and also from within the MapMan, I see that the X4 files are available only for limited categories. What about others?

Further after doiwnloading the files with X4 prefix, loading pathway shows;

Error on line 43 of document : Attribute name "data-pjax-transient" associated with an element type "meta" must be followed by the ' = ' character. Nested exception: Attribute name "data-pjax-transient" associated with an element type "meta" must be followed by the ' = ' character.

Answer
9/19/18 7:37 AM as a reply to aasim majeed bhat.
More pathways are coming.
Can you please specifiy which one caused an issue?

Thanks