Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Filtering input data

Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Toggle
Filtering input data
Answer
2/16/07 1:28 PM
Hello MapMan group,

Does anybody have an opinion about filtering expression data on flags prior to import into MapMan? I use limma for determining differential gene expression (DE) as well as list generation for MapMan input. For DE analysis, I filter out poor (flagged) spots prior to fitting my models. Thus, the resulting M values, and eventual MapMan input, differs based on filtering or not filtering. Subsequently, my MapMan output also differs, although slightly, based on this fitltering decision.

I assume the answer would be determined on a case-by-case senerio, but I am interested in what others are doing. Thanks again for the great software- dave

Re: Filtering input data
Answer
2/16/07 1:42 PM as a reply to Dear 7wd.
Dear Dave,

I would suggest you read up a bit on the bioC mailing list about filtering based on spots. I would suggest using spot weights to down-weigh flagged spots in limma instead of filtering them out completely. I think Gordon Smyth made one or two comments about that.

Reagrdless, you should get similar results in the end hopefully, if the response was consistent.

I however shy spotted arrays as much as possible....

Cheers,
Björn