Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

FDR corrected p-value on PageMan

FDR corrected p-value on PageMan
Answer
7/27/15 3:23 PM
Hi,

I am now writing a manuscript and urgently need the threshold of FDR corrected p-value that PageMan uses. I could not find this threshold although I think it must be p-value < 0.05 (the minimum number displayed on my heatmap is ~1.96). I am using multiple-hypothesis-testing correction according to false discovery rate control by Benjamini and Hochberg’s procedure (Usadel et al., 2006) for over-representation analysis.

Thanks a lot and looking very much forward your response.

Best,
Ima

RE: FDR corrected p-value on PageMan
Answer
7/28/15 12:51 PM as a reply to Ima Mulyama Zainuddin.
I truly need the answer. I really need to make sure if the minimum corrected p-value that PageMan use for Benjamini and Hochberg multiple-hypothesis-testing is p < 0.05. Because I could not find this information on PageMan analysis or probably you could show me where I can find this threshold of p-value.

Using the same analysis, I found from other paper that they mentioned p-value < 0.01. Did they set it in the beginning or is it the p-value that automatically given by PageMan? because I could not set any threshold of p-value on PageMan.

Many many many thanks in advance.

Answer
7/28/15 6:50 PM as a reply to Ima Mulyama Zainuddin.
From checking the code (briefly), it seems that when filtering by p-value (which is on by default) - the threshold is set to 0.05.
Is this the information you need?

Answer
8/13/15 11:50 AM as a reply to Marie Bolger.
Sorry just read your reply, Marie....

Yes, I finally put p-value < 0.05. Thank you :-)