Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

RobiNA cannot create a new project

RobiNA cannot create a new project
data set robina
Answer
6/24/15 10:45 AM
RobiNA can not proceed beyond " Setting up Workflow" when "creating a new job". The line with the moving green dot is present, I have just installed RobiNa V1.2.4 Build 656 onto a Windows 7 (64 bit) PC computer with a i7-4700 CPU and 16 GB of memory. Java 8 Update 45 (64 bit) is installed. R x64 3.1.2 is also installed. Can you propose a fix?

RE: RobiNA cannot create a new project
Answer
6/24/15 11:03 AM as a reply to Stokes S. Baker.
Sorry for the inconvenience. There is an incompatibility with Java v8, we are working on a new release for Robin to also support this. Until then the solution seems to be to use an older Java version.

Answer
6/24/15 5:45 PM as a reply to Björn Usadel.
Thank you. Wow, supper fast reply!

Answer
3/11/16 6:29 PM as a reply to Björn Usadel.
I'm having a similar problem- I've downloaded the most recent RobinA files, but when I run it and attempt to create an RNA-sequencing project, it simply says "Setting up workflow" forever.

I'm using Ubuntu 14, tried Java 6, 7, 8. R is installed. Is there something I should do?

robina java
Answer
3/13/16 9:02 PM as a reply to isaiah w taylor.
I am working with the Window's version of RobiNA. I had to delete my new version of Java 8 before the older version would work. My suggestion, remove all version of JAVA, reboot you computer, then install Java version 6 SE (standard edition). I hope this helps.

Stokes

Answer
3/13/16 9:03 PM as a reply to isaiah w taylor.
isaiah w taylor:
I'm having a similar problem- I've downloaded the most recent RobinA files, but when I run it and attempt to create an RNA-sequencing project, it simply says "Setting up workflow" forever.

I'm using Ubuntu 14, tried Java 6, 7, 8. R is installed. Is there something I should do?