Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

MapMan Bugs

Unable to launch RobiNA v1.2.4_build616 on OS 10.8.3

When trying to launch to RobiNA v1.2.4_build616 on a 2012 MacBookPro running 10.8.3 I get a ' "RobiNA.app" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the trash' error message. I downloaded the dmg again but received the same error.

RE: Unable to launch RobiNA v1.2.4_build616 on OS 10.8.3
Answer
5/21/13 11:05 AM as a reply to Colin SH.
Hi Colin,

and thank you for your message. That looks serious - the problem is that i am still developing the mac version
of RobiNA on a Mac OS X 10.6.8 since i had been reluctant to "change a running system". I do, however, realize
now that i eventually might have to upgrade to 10.8 to make sure RobiNA runs on latest OS X.

The problem you are experiencing is actually caused by a new security mechanism in 10.8 that is called Gatekeeper.
The Gatekeeper categorically stops execution of all applications that were not downloaded from the App Store and or
developed by a certified developer. RobiNA, being largely a Java Application, is hence blocked by this "helpful" new
addition (thanks for that) and the error message does not say so but claims that the software is broken (thanks again...).

A solution might be to start RobiNA not by double-clicking the application icon but by right-clicking and choosing
"open" from the context menu. That should show you a dialog that explains that RobiNA does not originate from
a certified developer and should allow you to open it anyway.

In case that also fails you could try switching off the gatekeeper completely in the security settings of the system
preferences.

I hope this helps and will try to find out how/if i can solve this problem.

Thanks again for the report and best greetings,
Marc