Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

MapMan Bugs

MapMan stopped working

MapMan stopped working
Resposta
12/11/19 14:38
Dear PlabiPD,
i have used MapMan with no problem for an entire year, until today. The only thing that changed is the Ubuntu version. I updated to the latest 19.10 version last week. MapMan works fine until i try to load a mapping data. It loads it but once it completes the task it freezes and stops working.
I'm running java 1.8.0.
I tried loading custom mappings and mappings from Mercator database but the problem is the same. I've also tried to uninstall and re-install MapMan but with no luck.
Can you help me solve this? Thank you

RE: MapMan stopped working
Resposta
14/11/19 10:23 em resposta a Puccio Guglielmo.
Dear Puccio,

When you say that you loaded 'custom' mappings, do you mean that you tried to add mapping 'from file'?

Do you see any errors on the terminal window where you started MapMan?

I am not aware of this issue, but I will try to locate an ubuntu 19.10 machine where I can test this.

Regards,
Marie.

Resposta
18/11/19 16:05 em resposta a Marie Bolger.
Thank you for the help.
Yes that's exactly what i mean. I try to load a custom mapping from file (generated with mercator online) and it freezes. There is no message and the window does not respond to any input. To be able to close the window i need to kill the process. I tried to use the windows version on another pc and it is working perfectly fine with that dataset, so i'm pretty sure the problem is the ubuntu 19.10 upgrade. Thanks for the reply.
Guglielmo

Resposta
22/11/19 14:37 em resposta a Puccio Guglielmo.
Dear Guglielmo,

did you see any exceptions in the window where you started the MapMan application?

Regards,
Marie

Resposta
28/11/19 13:40 em resposta a Marie Bolger.
Hi,
no there is no message. I just run the MapMan.sh or the application and it works fine until i load a mercator annotation.

Resposta
11/02/22 10:45 em resposta a Puccio Guglielmo.
Hey, I'm Taylor, after reading your blog came to know about your problem. I will help you, let me talk to my friend he is one of the best guys I know in the field of IT. He solves many of my issues, I will talk with him after the class of wireless and mobile hacking course, let's see what he gonna say, I will let you know what is he saying about this problem.