Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

MapMan Features

New experiment folder and default decimal symbol

Just a few assorted requests...

1. It would be nice to have the option to add a new experiment folder from directory in the context menu (right click on Experiments folder). At the moment, I can only add a folder of experiments from the File menu. I can only add experiment files individually from the context menu.

2. I use a decimal point in all my experiment files. It would be nice to have an option to set the decimal point (instead of decimal comma) as the default, or perhaps choose the decimal symbol when I load the directory.

3. Re-arrange the experiment folders by dragging and dropping much like the folders in a directory.

4. Rename the experiment folders.

5. I'm still interested in colouring only the significantly differentially expressed genes. It would be nice to be able to specify a lower threshold as well a higher threshold for the colours.

6. One for the forums... Perhaps a sticky on forum posting guidelines? eg. I'm not sure whether I should add one post per request or whether I can lump them all into one post like this.

Cheers,
Liam

Re: New experiment folder and default decimal symb
Resposta
05/07/05 11:24 em resposta a Liam Childs.
1.) Should work: right click on experiment folder and chose "new experiment folder" to get sub folders. I just did a clean install and it worked. Tell me if it still doesn't work for you.
2.) I will have to investigate that. It does autodetect headers and number format while loading single files, but that probably doesn't work for loading directories.
3.) We would like to enhance the user interface by that sort of things but it takes time. But we have already discussed that.
4.) Shouldn't be to much of a problem. I will have to keep that in mind for the next release.
5.) We might introduce different colour calculation schemes to account for that. But for know there is only the posiibility to change the scaling.
6.) Different requests would be nice so that each request can be handled separately. This would prevent us from loosing single points. I think I'am not in the mood to write posting guidelines right now.

Thanks for your input
Axel

Resposta
06/07/05 01:51 em resposta a Liam Childs.
Sorry, I wasn't clear on number one...

I can't add multiple data files in a new experiment folder from the context menu. It currently allows me to:
- add a new empty experiment folder,
- add a single data file, or
- remove an experiment folder.

Resposta
06/07/05 10:10 em resposta a Liam Childs.
I see the point. I will try to add that to the next version. We missed to integrate the load from directory with the new dynamic experiment folder structure.