Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

MapMan Features

Mapman and CATMA

Mapman and CATMA
Resposta
24/05/05 10:03
Hi,

I would like to know if Mapman can also be used for CATMA hybridization results (GST slides from Geneplante in France).

I guess some tweaks are required (like mapping file and stuff) and I would be happy to benefit from them. Can you help ?

Many thanks

Guilhem

Re: Mapman and CATMA
Resposta
24/05/05 15:00 em resposta a Dear Guilhem.
Hi Guilhem,
as far as I know all CATMA-Ids are assigned to AGI gene codes.
The fastest way to use MapMan for your CATMA hybridization results is, to use AGI codes instead of CATMA Ids in your data files!
These data files can be directly used within MapMan, using the AGI Mapping File (which based on TIGR5 annotation).

However we should integrate a CATMA Mapping File into MapMan software and I hope the next Mapman release will include a CATMA Mapping File.

Regards,
Svenja

Resposta
25/05/05 15:25 em resposta a Dear Guilhem.
Hi Svenja,

Well, thanks for the tips. It took me a bit of time to get my files in order to get them readable by Mapman (formating troubles), but now this works wonder !

thanks for you reply and I am looking forward to see a Mapman version that could include directly a CATMA maping file.

cheers

Guilhem

Resposta
13/06/05 14:56 em resposta a Dear Guilhem.
We will in the near future incorporate incorporate a CATMA Array mapping, eventually as seperate download, depending on the legal situation.

Cheers,
björn

Resposta
16/08/05 12:47 em resposta a Dear Guilhem.
A Catma mapping file is available. Currently it is flagged as experimental. All Probes only partly matching one gene have been mmoved into bin 35.3 disagreeing hits.

Feedback is wellcome