Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

MapMan Features

Numerical range for the unit side bar of a corresp

I have a few questions about the color units represented on the corresponse map.

In the co-response map, correlation levels are shown by different levels of colors from dark blue to dark red. On the unit side bar, the dark blue end says: Perfect correlation, the dark red end says: Perfect negative correlation.

1. What numerical range of correlation does each unit color
square represent?

2. What is the measurement unit of these numbers? In
other words, What formula did you use for calculation?

Thanks.

Re: Numerical range for the unit side bar of a cor
答え
07/01/12 13:34 eva changへのコメント
Dear Eva,

(2) As a correlation measure we use usually use (if you come from CSB.Demoticon Spearman correlation coefficient
but you can also choose Pearson or Kendall correlation.

(1) All correlation coefficients range from -1 ("mirror behaviour of two genes) to 1 (identical behavior of two genes)

Cheers,
Björn

答え
07/01/12 15:00 eva changへのコメント
Thanks for your reply.

What is the difference between the scales of "-10 to 10", and " -0.5 to 0.5" ?

When you shift the scale to a smaller one, the color spectrum become more obvious. The correlation coefficients are still the same, but what values other than the scales are being changed?

The concept is not difficult to understand but I would like to know the precise numerical transition between scales, many thanks.

答え
07/01/12 15:06 eva changへのコメント
Ok, for this I need to know what you are actually working with.
Do you use the online version? Or do you generate off -line values and put them into MapMan?

答え
07/01/16 13:51 eva changへのコメント
I used the on line version. Some times the scales could be from -4 to +4, or -10 to +10. What do they mean? The correlation coefficients are only supposed to be from -1 to +1. Thanks.

答え
07/01/16 14:09 eva changへのコメント
The numerical ranges mark the dynamic range of values which can be mapped to colours. Values outside this dynamic range will not become any more red than the maximum value or blue respectively. As the MapMan Web version is not only used to display correlation coefficients the range options are always available to change the display.

答え
07/01/16 14:52 eva changへのコメント
So if I see a range of -4 to +4 on an 8 units side bar, does it mean that each color square represents a unit of 0.25? When the unit side bar shifts to another scale that is from -10 to +10 on a 10 unit side bar, each color square display a unit of 0.1? Thanks.

RE: Re: Numerical range for the unit side bar of a cor
答え
23/12/22 14:34 eva changへのコメント
eva chang:
So if I see a range of -4 to +4 on an 8 units side bar, does it mean that each color square represents a unit of 0.25? When I see the 733 angel number and the unit side bar shifts to another scale that is from -10 to +10 on a 10 unit side bar, each color square display a unit of 0.1? Thanks.

Yes, that's correct. It represents a unit of 0.25.

答え
24/01/08 17:45 kralici hlavaへのコメント
Your content is nothing short of brilliant in many ways. I think this is engaging and eye-opening material. Thank you so much for caring about your content and your readers. Soursop

答え
24/01/08 18:54 kralici hlavaへのコメント
I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work. Benefits of Honey

答え
24/01/08 18:55 jame stone 122へのコメント
Hello! I just wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the nice info you've got right here on this post. I will probably be coming back to your weblog for more soon! Benefits of Ginger and Honey

答え
24/01/08 18:57 jame stone 122へのコメント
I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work. Puravive Reviews

答え
24/01/08 18:58 jame stone 122へのコメント
Really impressive post. I read it whole and going to share it with my social circules. I enjoyed your article and planning to rewrite it on my own blog. Puravive

答え
24/01/08 19:00 jame stone 122へのコメント
I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work. ProDentim Reviews

答え
24/01/08 19:02 jame stone 122へのコメント
Super site! I am Loving it!! Will return once more, Im taking your food likewise, Thanks. Neuro-Thrive Reviews

答え
24/01/08 19:04 jame stone 122へのコメント
I have read your article; it is very informative and helpful for me. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it. FlowForce Max Reviews

答え
24/01/08 19:05 jame stone 122へのコメント
I think about it is most required for making more on this get engaged Fitspresso Reviews

答え
24/01/08 19:07 jame stone 122へのコメント
I don’t think many of websites provide this type of information. Natural Food Series

答え
24/01/08 19:09 jame stone 122へのコメント
Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear clarification of issues. It contains truly facts. Your website is very valuable. Thanks for sharing. Benefits of Dragon Fruit

答え
24/01/08 19:11 jame stone 122へのコメント
Glad to chat your blog, I seem to be forward to more reliable articles and I think we all wish to thank so many good articles, blog to share with us. Benefits of Passion Fruit

shz
答え
24/01/11 13:02 jame stone 122へのコメント
This was among the best posts and episode from your team it let me learn many new things. Peacock Premium free trial

RE: shz
答え
24/01/11 13:06 jame stone 122へのコメント
Your content is nothing short of brilliant in many ways. I think this is engaging and eye-opening material. Thank you so much for caring about your content and your readers. Chiefs Vs. Dolphins On Peacock

答え
24/01/11 13:08 jame stone 122へのコメント
I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. AFC Wild Card on Peacock

答え
24/01/21 7:56 jame stone 122へのコメント
Really impressive post. I read it whole and going to share it with my social circules. I enjoyed your article and planning to rewrite it on my own blog. Peacock Free trial

答え
24/01/21 7:59 jame stone 122へのコメント
I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work. Peacock premium free trial

答え
24/01/21 8:00 jame stone 122へのコメント
I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work. Peacock TV

答え
24/01/21 8:01 jame stone 122へのコメント
Hello! I just wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the nice info you've got right here on this post. I will probably be coming back to your weblog for more soon! Peacock Premium

答え
24/01/21 8:03 jame stone 122へのコメント
I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work. Peacock Promo Code

答え
24/01/21 8:05 jame stone 122へのコメント
Your content is nothing short of brilliant in many ways. I think this is engaging and eye-opening material. Thank you so much for caring about your content and your readers. Peacock Free trial

答え
24/01/21 8:07 jame stone 122へのコメント
I have read your article; it is very informative and helpful for me. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it. Paramount Plus free trial

答え
24/01/21 8:09 jame stone 122へのコメント
Super site! I am Loving it!! Will return once more, Im taking your food likewise, Thanks. eFORMULA Reviews

答え
24/01/21 8:10 jame stone 122へのコメント
Your music is amazing. You have some very talented artists. I wish you the best of success. eFORMULA

答え
24/01/21 8:25 jame stone 122へのコメント
I think about it is most required for making more on this get engaged eFORMULA Reviews

答え
24/01/21 8:27 jame stone 122へのコメント
I don’t think many of websites provide this type of information. eFORMULA

答え
24/01/21 8:29 jame stone 122へのコメント
I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work. eFORMULA Reviews

答え
24/01/21 8:31 jame stone 122へのコメント
Hello! I just wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the nice info you've got right here on this post. I will probably be coming back to your weblog for more soon! eFORMULA

答え
24/01/21 8:35 jame stone 122へのコメント
I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job ! eFORMULA Reviews

答え
24/01/21 8:37 jame stone 122へのコメント
Wonderful blog post. This is absolute magic from you! I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one. You've really made my day today with this. I hope you keep this up! eFORMULA