Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

MapMan Bugs

Installing Robin

Installing Robin
תשובה
17:47 23/11/10
Hello,

I have installed Robin in my personal computer without problems, but in my lab computer, where my "main" hard disk is H:\ I cant install it.

The installer creates the "base files" under H:\Robin\ directory, but then gives an error that states: "cannot create c:\windows\system32". My computer doesnt have a C:\harddisk (its reserved for some peropheric that we no longer use...)

Is there anyway I can "tell" the installer that my windows directory is on H:\ ?

I hace tried with the java installer but it has the same problem

Thanks in advance!

RE: Installing Robin
תשובה
21:42 23/11/10 כתגובה ל-Eduardo Gonzalez
Dear Eduardo,

thanks for your interest in Robin - the problem is caused by the installer that wants to
copy a required library to the c:\windows\system32 folder which, in your case does not
exist. I will have a look into this and soon (presumably next week) provide a bugfix release
including a fix for this problem plus some other minor issues. Thanks for your patience,

cheers,
Marc

RE: Installing Robin
תשובה
11:14 24/11/15 כתגובה ל-Marc Lohse
Hi Marc,

I am trying to install RobiNA and get the same problem "Could not create directory c:\windows\system32\".

I can unzip the RobiNA installer and I guess I could copy the required files. The problem is that it does not create the robina.exe in the program folder anyways.

Is there any way to fix this?

Best regards