Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

rice mapping

rice mapping
Válasz
2013.04.28. 13:52
I tried TIGR LOC_ number and MSU v 7.0 to analyze my data, however, It always suggest me to correct my mapping, what kind of data fomat should it require indeed?

RE: rice mapping
Válasz
2013.04.29. 9:14 válaszként erre: he d l.
Hi he d l,

i had a quick look at your data file - the general format is perfect. The problem, however,
is that your identifiers are just the locus numbers (loc_osXXgXXXXX) while the MSU v7
mapping uses the splicing isoform IDs that have a ".X" extension denoting the number of
the isoform. If you complete the IDs you are using with the splicing isoform numbers, the
MSU v7 mapping will work for you. If you don't know the isoform number you could also
simply add a ".1" to each ID. That might not be the most accurate approach, but if you
don't know which isoform the measurement originated from you probably can't be more
accurate.

I hope this helps,
cheers,
Marc

RE: rice mapping
Válasz
2013.05.01. 13:33 válaszként erre: he d l.
hi I am using my affymetrix rice chip data and I find most of the genes only falling in the bin 35 unidentified things. Is it that the mapping is not complete with the recent release of the genome annotations?