Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Please import the newest mapping of Populus trichocarpa v3 to MapMan

Hello, doctor
First, thanks for your hard working and I have benefited from MAPMAN. Right now, I meet a trouble in my research and I need your kind help.

We have carried out a transcriptome project about Populus and the identified transcripts have been annotated in the latest Populus genome dataset (Populus trichocarpa v3). However, the new annotation structure of transcript could not used in MAPMAN,because its current mapping version was developed based on Populus trichocarpa v1.1. Maybe, I might not find out the newest mapplings from your website and I wonder if you can update it. Many thanks again and I am looking forward to receive your reply.

Best wishes,

HAO JIANG

March 28, 2013

RE: Please import the newest mapping of Populus trichocarpa v3 to MapMan
Válasz
2013.04.04. 11:53 válaszként erre: Hao Jiang.
Hi Hao Jiang,

thanks for your email. I will schedule the latest Populus release for processing on the mercator
pipeline so that you can expect the updated mapping to be available via the MapMan store probably
somewhen next week. To avoid misunderstandings, please send me a direct link to the sequence file
(preferrably protein sequences) you'd like me to use as the basis of the new annotation.

best greetings,
Marc

Válasz
2013.04.05. 10:03 válaszként erre: Marc Lohse.
Thanks a lot, Marc. The direct link to the sequence file of Populus trichocarpa v3 is as follows:
ftp://ftp.jgi-psf.org/pub/compgen/phytozome/v9.0/Ptrichocarpa/
best wishes,
Hao Jiang

Válasz
2013.04.22. 14:59 válaszként erre: Marc Lohse.
Dear Marc,
I am very sorry to disturb you that I want to know how about the importing of the newest mapping of Populus trichocarpa v3 to MapMan. I hope everything goes well. I am really looking forward to it.

best wishes,

Hao Jiang

Válasz
2013.04.22. 15:23 válaszként erre: Hao Jiang.
The mapping is now ready and can be obtained from the MapManStore:
http://mapman.gabipd.org/web/guest/mapmanstore
or from within MapMan directly by clicking on "Mappings"->"new mapping"->"download"

cheers,
Marc