Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

New version of Mapman

New version of Mapman
Válasz
2018.06.06. 16:19
I want to use newest version of MapMan x4. I read in the news forum (which was actually from 2016) that new version is coming soon. But i could not find it on the homepage. Can you please let me know if it is already availabe? if yes, then how can i have access to that.

KInd regards,
Karimi

RE: New version of Mapman
Válasz
2018.06.06. 16:55 válaszként erre: sohail mehmood karimi.
Hi,

We are indeed about to release the new version of Mercator (known as Mercator4).

Until now, this has been available as a beta version for testing at this link http://www.plabipd.de/portal/web/guest/mercator4

This will be upgraded this week to a release version (Mercator4 version 1.0) which will also be at this link. If you are not in an extreme hurry, I would recommend waiting.

We are still working on providing the graphical visualization files which allows the results from Mercator4 to be correctly visualized within the MapMan application - which will take a little more time.

Any further questions/queries please let me know.
Marie.

Válasz
2018.06.08. 9:19 válaszként erre: Tony Bolger.
Thnak you for the information. I visited the page, it requires protein or DNA sequence in FASTA format. But in my case, i have microarray data and have log2 fold changes. And i want to see genes differetially expressed in differnt pathwayas in my data set.

Can you please let me know how i may use this tool for my purpose.?

Válasz
2018.06.08. 15:51 válaszként erre: sohail mehmood karimi.
Ok so we need the genes underlying the oligos or at least the oligos. Which plant is this?

Válasz
2018.06.08. 16:21 válaszként erre: Björn Usadel.
I have two plant species i.e Arabidopsis thaliana and Theelungiella salsuginea.
I have data arranged in two columns one for gene ID and the other with Log2 Fold changes.

Válasz
2018.06.12. 7:25 válaszként erre: Tony Bolger.
Tony Bolger:
Hi,

We are indeed about to release the new version of Mercator (known as Mercator4).

Until now, this has been available as a beta version for testing at this link http://www.plabipd.de/portal/web/guest/mercator4

This will be upgraded this week to a release version (Mercator4 version 1.0) which will also be at this link. If you are not in an extreme hurry, I would recommend waiting.

We are still working on providing the graphical visualization files which allows the results from Mercator4 to be correctly visualized within the MapMan application - which will take a little more time.

Any further questions/queries please let me know.
Marie.

Hi,
I appreciate the work that you guys do. I am currently processing my RNA-seq data, and would like to do graphically visualise the BINS assigned using the mercator program. Would you be able to update me on the progress of this?

Regards

Válasz
2018.06.13. 11:16 válaszként erre: Patrick Mason.
Hi Patrick

the first new maps should hit the store this week. So you can download them from within MapMan, if this doesn't pass our QC we will put them on github.

Best
Björn

Válasz
2024.02.03. 9:52 válaszként erre: Björn Usadel.
Björn Usadel:
Hi Patrick

the first new maps should hit the store this week. So you can download them from within MapMan, if this doesn't pass our QC we will put them on github.
tg macro
Best
Björn

For those looking to streamline their podcast production process, Tg Macro offers innovative solutions that can significantly enhance your workflow and content quality.