Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

MapMan Features

exporting clustered data

exporting clustered data
Válasz
2004.04.27. 13:48
Hi, is there any possibility to export the clustered expression data as a file rather then having to manually export them by clicking with the mouse over the dots of interest? Thanks!

Re: exporting clustered data
Válasz
2004.04.29. 10:26 válaszként erre: pierdomenico perata.
Thanks for your input.
I'am sorry for the late input.
If I understood you right you dont want to copy to clipboard for every single data point.
We have implemented the copy to clipboard in version 1.4.1 of 23.03.2004.
You want a special add to clipboard function.
And after adding several data points, you want to save the whole clipboard to file?
What file format would you prefer?

Identifier, value, description

?

Válasz
2004.04.29. 13:41 válaszként erre: pierdomenico perata.
Dear Axel, thanks for the reply.
It would be nice if we could click non only on single data point but on the clustered set of datapoints (e.g "glycolisis" or "Fermentation"), and export the whole set of data to the clipboard (or, may be better: add a "Save clustered data as" option to save the group of datapoints as "Identifier, value (expression data, as Log2), description " in excel format (or tab delimited txt). In this way we can get an Excel file with, for example, all the genes involved in "fermentation", their fold change (log2) and description. Additional checks can then be done by the used (if an expert in a specific field, he can find mistakes in the annotation and ask the MapMan administrators to correct the mapping files). I hope this makes sense!
Best wishes,
Pierdomenico

Válasz
2004.05.03. 7:11 válaszként erre: pierdomenico perata.
Dear Pierdomenico,
I will be working on a solution as you described. It sounds reasonable. It will be incorporated into the next release.
I might incorporate both ideas to add to clipboard single datapoints as well as groups of data points. I might also introduce an export clipboard function which creates an excel file. Maybe I can get it into the clipboard in a fashion that one can paste it into excel and it will automatically expand to a table.
I will have to do some tests on that.

Regards,
Axel

Válasz
2004.05.03. 14:11 válaszként erre: pierdomenico perata.
Thanks, it will be of great help!
Best wishes,
Pierdomenico

Válasz
2004.12.31. 18:48 válaszként erre: pierdomenico perata.
Hi,

Is it possible in the current version of MapMan to do this export?

Thanks,
Julia

Válasz
2005.01.03. 14:54 válaszként erre: pierdomenico perata.
Hi,

the framework for export is bascially there. But as you might have noted the Mapping file is currently encrypted but available as source on request. The reason for that was that we wanted to keep track of expert changes and receive them back. A cluster export feature would, however, undermine the whole idea.

But we are currently thinking of completely releasing the whole mapping file. In this case we could make the cluster export available.
I will keep you posted on future developments.

Kind regards,
Björn