Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

To which Java file do i refer in my install

Hi,

I just tried to install Mapman on my Linux machine. Since Mapman uses Java I ran into the expected problem. The install asks which Java Virtual Machine I would like to use. I can refer to thousand java related files but have no clue which one I should refer to.

Thanks!

Re: To which Java file do i refer in my install
Válasz
2008.09.05. 7:21 válaszként erre: Dear IronArjen.
Hi,

you need to choose the java executable.

e.g.  
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.15/bin/java (sun java 1.5 on ubuntu)
or
/usr/java/jre1.6.0_03/bin/java (sun java 1.6 on centos)
or
/usr/lib64/jvm/jre-1.5.0-ibm/bin/java (ibm java 1.5on suse linux enterprise server)

or you use which to search for the java executable (e.g.)
#  which java
# /usr/bin/java

hope that helps

axel

Válasz
2008.09.05. 15:24 válaszként erre: Dear IronArjen.
Thanks for that, I found several, tried only the ones that correspond to 64 bit. The installer says that errors occurred and that I should see the error log, which I cannot find.

I installed the typical for Linux Ubuntu (usr/bin), nothing there. I choose a specific directory for links etc, there I only see two files Mapman and Unistall Mapman. Any idea where it might pop up?

In case Mapman is not 64 bit compatible I might try the 32 Java? I have this installed for proper internet browsing.

Thanks Again

Válasz
2008.09.08. 6:44 válaszként erre: Dear IronArjen.
The warnings during installation do appear for me as well. See the attached images how I installed. You can then start MapMan from your Desktop or where ever you have choosen to install the links (image 3).
Whatever the warnings are,they don't seem to be a problem.

Axel

Válasz
2008.09.08. 14:30 válaszként erre: Dear IronArjen.
Indeed it works fine, Tx