Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Identifier for rice gene

Identifier for rice gene
Válasz
2009.02.19. 7:15
Hello
I'm in making familiar with MapMan and I have this "seems to be stupid" question that I'm doing with rice and I don't know which kind of identifer I should use for my experiment data. I've tried with TIGR's LOC_Os IDs, RAB-DB's Os IDs and KOME's AK/AB/AF IDs but everytime I loaded the data, they didn't fit to the mapping. So I wanted to know the identifier used in the mapping but I couldn't find how to do so.
Anybody can help me? Thanks in advance!

RE: Identifier for rice gene
identifier
Válasz
2012.08.13. 7:39 válaszként erre: Dear tinyfish.
I have the same problem. Have you figured it out?
How to name the identifier?

Válasz
2012.08.13. 10:02 válaszként erre: Dear tinyfish.
Hi,

I don't know which mapping you like to use. Every mapping can be opened in MapMan by right click menu -> open.
There is a tree like view of the strucutre where you can expand the leaves to see the identifiers. I'm out of office know, so I can't do anything now.
If this doesn't help I can check which rice mappings we have and what locus ids are supports. But I guess we have at least TIGR locus Ids.

Válasz
2012.08.23. 11:56 válaszként erre: Axel Nagel.
Which of the rice mappings are you using from mapman? MSU v7, OsAffy or the rice japonica?

Identifiers:

MSU v7 = loc_os03gNUMBER
Affy = osaffx.NUMBER.s1_x_at
rice japonica = osaj_nuc_loc_os03gNUMBER

The identifiers should just include the MSU id, nothing more!

I hope i could help you.

Greetings Julian