Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Custom Pathways

Custom Pathways
mapman custom pathway rna seq data pathways
Answer
4/30/14 5:14 PM
Hello,

I am fairly new to mapman, and I am looking to create custom pathways to map lipid-related data.
I have tried looking through the forum to see if this has already been answered, but I have not had much luck.
I would like to create custom pathways similar to those explored on Aralip:
http://aralip.plantbiology.msu.edu/pathways/pathways
to investigate differentially expressed genes from a RNA-Seq experiment. The help manual on my mapman for creating custom pathways seems to be outdated with respect to the version ( mapman 3.5.1R2, help manual 3.0.0). Most of the instructions here do not correspond to anything I can find on my mapman... I'm not sure if this is because I am using a Mac instead of Windows.

If you could please give me some guidance on how to build a pathway within mapman, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thank You,
Meghan

RE: Custom Pathways
Answer
5/20/14 11:02 AM as a reply to Meghan Rains.
Hi Meghan

sorry for my late reply, I have been travelling quite a lot lately.
If you download the ultimate MapMan guide (pdf) from the download site you can find how to do it on page ~60ff.

If you need any more help please pm me usadelATbio1.rwth-aachen.de. Also if you want to share the pathway with the community let us know please.

Bjrön