Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Mercator- job queued

Mercator- job queued
Answer
1/28/14 1:59 PM
Dear administrators:
Hello! I have problems with Mercator... An advertisment "Your job has been queued!Registered on queue" appeared, I waited several hours but nothing happens, even with files that I´ve previously processed.
Is it a problem in my file? or there is a problem with the program system?
Thank you in advance!
Nathy

RE: Mercator- job queued
Answer
1/28/14 2:18 PM as a reply to Nathalie Marquez.
Hi Nathy,

there was a handful of jobs blocking the compute queue because they hung on not FASTA-conform input.
There was an unexpected space character between the leading ">" and the identifier in the FASTA header
lines which caused the input parser to believe that there is no identifier provided.

I don't know whether these jobs were started by you or somebody else, hence just a general plea:
Please make sure the input sequences comply to the FASTA format as specified here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FASTA_format

i hope that the mercator service now runs smoothly again an send best greetings,
Marc

RE: Mercator- job queued
Answer
2/11/14 1:27 PM as a reply to Marc Lohse.
Hi Marc! I can´t run Mercator, I have checked my files in FASTA format and seem to be ok.
Sometimes my files remain in queue and other times some other errors appear, like "internal error creating job directory"...
Please let me know if I should change something in the procedure or in my files.
Thank you very much for your time!
Have a nice day!
Nathy