Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

IDENTIFIER differs

IDENTIFIER differs
Answer
1/22/14 5:06 PM
Dear all,
I just started using MapMan. I made a mapping file using Mercator tool. I am not able create a data file suitable for MapMan. I think the problem is the sample IDENTIFIER.
My sequences has been annotated and sequence names differs.
In mercator results I obtained a file with IDENTIFIER like:

'phytol'
'chlorophyll a'
'chlorophyll b'
'decyl-plastoquinone'

And in my "Experimental data set" file the IDENTIFIER is for example:
BI972151.1
BF219577.1
BU549819.1
CO984885.1
BM886813.1
BW660096.1

Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers!

RE: IDENTIFIER differs
Answer
1/23/14 1:34 PM as a reply to Nathalie Marquez.
Dear Nathalie Marquez,

the metabolite name identifiers that you listed are attached to every mapping file that mercator
generates - hence you find them in the file although you have not provided them in you input
data file. In addition to the metabolite IDs, there should also be at least one line for each input
sequence identifier in the mercator-generated file that assigns this ID to one or more MapMan
Bins. If you file only contains the metabolite IDs it means that something went wrong during
the mercator process, possibly because the input data could not be read properly. Please
make sure that the input data is a plain text file in FASTA format so that mercator can properly
read the data.

I hope this helps,best greetings,
Marc