Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

mapman running

mapman running
Answer
1/17/14 5:18 PM
Hi,

I have tried many times to run mapman on my computer and I failed. I always receive an error message "could not read the pathway image". I need help please.

Thanks,

Gerbert

RE: mapman running
Answer
1/20/14 10:06 AM as a reply to Gerbert Dossa.
Hi Gerbert,

thanks for your feed back. To be able to help you, though, we'd need a few
more details: Which version of MapMan did you try to install? Which operating
system did you try to install it on? Did you have internet access during installation?
Did anything else look funny during installation (e.g. error messages, delays)

thanks and best greetings,
Marc

Answer
1/21/14 9:42 AM as a reply to Marc Lohse.
Dear Marc,

I installed 3.5.1R2 version on Windows7 Pro, 64-bit. No delay and no error message during the installation, and I did have internet access during the installation. After installed it I downloaded the mapping file from the server and tried to run the pathway and bellow is the error message I got.

"Could not read Pathway image: C:\Users\GERBERT\Desktop\MapManData\pathways\Cell_functions_overview.png"

Many thanks,

Gerbert

Answer
1/21/14 9:47 AM as a reply to Gerbert Dossa.
Hi Gerbert,

did you check whether the file that could not be read is existent at the path given?
If so, maybe it is not readable for the user who is executing MapMan - if you installed
MapMan using an administrator account and then later tried to run it as a user with
less access privileges it might have happened that the pathway files and other
essential resources were saved with access settings that disallows normal users
reading them.

Best greetings,
Marc

Answer
1/31/14 4:15 AM as a reply to Marc Lohse.
Dear Marc,

I finally run mapman successfully. I think it is not working well with windows 64bit, maybe I wrong. I installed it on 32bit and everything is working well now.

Regards,

Gerbert