Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Aquiring counts from BAM files generated using other tools

Hello

I performed RNAseq using a illumina HiSeq2000 on Arabidposis tissues to aquire fastq files. I used fastx tools to trim my fastq file and then generated BAM files using TopHat2/Bowtie2. I then tried to use RobiNA to generate counts per gene/isoform and perform normalisation using EdgeR and DESeq.

Unfortunately after successfully loading the BAM files into the RobiNA, EdgeR/DESeq was unable to annotate the genes/isoforms and then at the results stage the only identifiers are the chromosomes. I've tried using both the transcriptome alingment and genome alingment (with TAIR10 GFF) but i can't get it to quantify the genes/isoforms.

Do you know how i can make it recognise the genes/isoforms when i import BAM files generated in other packages?

Thanks, Richard

RE: Aquiring counts from BAM files generated using other tools
Answer
4/8/13 6:01 PM as a reply to Richard John Barker.
Hi Richard,

it would be great if you could send me a (truncated) sample BAM file so that i can investigate
this further.

cheers,
Marc