Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

How to save the whole data on a click

How to save the whole data on a click
mapman save data
Answer
11/11/12 7:57 PM
I'm working with affymetrix tomato data. I've seen my data in a "overview" manner and I've found a lot of bins with differentially expressed genes. I'm interested in the information provided in "infotable". My question is, how can I save the whole data in Excel?. I've seen I can save data from a bin in a Excel sheet but to save all data from all bins, do I have to do it one by one or is it any other way to do it I haven't seen?

Thank you in advance!

RE: How to save the whole data on a click
Answer
11/12/12 10:27 PM as a reply to Clara Rodriguez.
You mean get for All differential expressed genes their mapman bincodes?

I am afraid the software applicattion can't do that (yet). You can get the infor on our website though, if you just pasted the identifiers here:
http://mapman.gabipd.org/web/guest/mapcave

Otherwise please contact me via email and I send me your excel file and I will attach MapMan Bins to it.
(Or if you know perl I can send you a simple script to do that)

Best Wishes,
björn

Answer
11/13/12 12:14 PM as a reply to Björn Usadel.
Hi,

I haven't seen the mapcave app, it's what I need.
Thank you!.

Clara.

mapcave
Answer
11/21/12 11:54 AM as a reply to Björn Usadel.
Hi Björn,

I've tried Mapcave tool but I've found that it miss some transcripts. I copy a list of transcripts and then press "show" or "download" and I get some transcripts twice or more with the same Bin code and some transcripts don't appear. Why do it happen?

Thank you.

Answer
11/21/12 12:29 PM as a reply to Clara Rodriguez.
The only immedeate answer I would have would be that this was from different (checked) genome releases.
Could you maybe send a couple genecodes to test this?

best
b

mapcave
Answer
11/23/12 12:46 PM as a reply to Björn Usadel.
I work with tomato Affymetrix data and at MapCave tool I do click on "tomato Affymetrix GeneChip IDs". I've tried now with 72 affymetrix IDs and I've got only 36 entries but some of them are duplicated. Do you want I send you by mail the last 72 IDs I've tried?

Clara.

P.S. I've just realized your a Jedi Knight, why not me a Youngling padawan? jajajajaa

Answer
1/16/13 10:21 AM as a reply to Clara Rodriguez.
Hi Clara,

If you havent already sent the list to Björn and the whole issue is already solved you can also
send the list to me (lohse@mpimp-golm.mpg.de) and i will check why you don't get annotations
for all 72 probe sets.

cheers,
Marc