Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Failed to install the pathway

Failed to install the pathway
Answer
7/27/19 9:30 AM
hi,

there was an error when I tried to use mapman software for the first time on my laptop in a windows environment .
I want to install mappings and pathways directly. But an error message appears, just like this “Failed to install the pathway,I will try to install the other.” I restart may laptop and the software, but no window pops up this time. Then I choose "preference" and choose "reinstall", an error message appears: "The MapManWebStore seems to be unavailable. If you say yes here you can switch to use the local installation method."
It's werid. Because when I tried to install mappings and pathways in another windows computer, it succeed! I am confused.

What's wrong with that? Could you help me?

Thanks a lot
zmhzau

RE: Failed to install the pathway
Answer
7/28/19 5:03 PM as a reply to miao zhang.
Dear Zmhzau,

I tested today and had access. Do you have a firewall activated? Another explanation might be that our server was temporarily not reacting whilst you were trying.
Otherwise a less convenient way is to download things manually from our website (MapMan store). I am sorry about the inconvenience.

Best Wishes
Björn