Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Loading experimental data files in MapMan

I am creating simple data files (experimental) to explore and learn about using MapMan.Everytime I try to upload a data file into the experiments folder of MapMan, it only uploads about 60 (out of approx. 650) of the data points.  Additionally, within the 60 data points  it repeats some of the unique identifiers 3 to 7 times so when I hit contiue it tells me it has duplicate identifiers.  Even though the excel or txt tab delimited file only has a single occurence of each identifer. I have tried several ways to get around this without any success.  Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Loading experimental data files in MapMan
Answer
8/21/08 6:34 PM as a reply to michael wisniewski.
Looks like a bug

When uploading, it only shows the header (first few rows like MS Access) but the duplicates are really strange, maybe Axel can comment on it.
Do you have a test a test file?

Best Wishes,
Björn

Re: Loading experimental data files in MapMan
Answer
8/21/08 6:54 PM as a reply to michael wisniewski.
Bjorn,

thank you for your prompt reply.  I can send you the test file that I was working with.  To put things in context.  I conducted a local blast of my apple ESTs from a 24 h cold exposure cDNA library against a list of cold regulated genes in At (I used a list from the PLoS Genetics article by Hannah, et al.).  The At sequences were gotten from TAIR by using the AGI identifiers.  I then took the list of blast hits put them in a separate excel file and then filtered the gene list for unique single occurrences in order to eliminate duplicate hits.  This was pasted into a new Excel sheet and also saved as tab delimited text file.  Both of which I tried to upload into Map Man without luck due to the duplicate problem.  My data is not quantitative at this stage but I wanted to see where the ESTs were located in different pathways so I generated a simple value of 2.0 for all the genes.

Can I upload the file (only 48kemoticon throught this forum or send it to you by e-mail?