Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

MapMan Bugs

error when adding data

error when adding data
Answer
12/12/08 4:06 AM
hi,
when I tried to add my own data to MapMan, it gives an error message stating 'Error loading Experiment files from Direc...'
I've got ImageAnnotator 2.2.0 and successfully added new mappigs for Hvu_Affy.
what should I do? thanks indeed
tufan

Re: error when adding data
Answer
12/12/08 7:54 AM as a reply to Dear mtufanoz.
hi tufan

this is  very little information to work on.
1.)  At what stage do you have problems loading the data (Do you get to the dialog where you see the first lines of data within your file?).
2.) You are trying to load xls or txt files? One ore more data columns?

Is there anything more to the error message itself? Maybe you could scroll down in the error message window or enlarge it using the mouse and tearing the dialog windows corner, so you seer the rest of the error message. Do you get a line number with your exception referring to your file?
If your problem persists you can send an excerpt of your data file containing header and the first lines so we can test it.
gabipd at mpimp-golm.mpg.de

regards
 axel

Answer
6/4/09 7:28 AM as a reply to Dear mtufanoz.
hi again,
I've successfully loaded new "mappings" or "pathways"... however during adding my own data (experiments), I get an error message... right-clicking on the "experiments" and then clicking on "add data", simply does not open a browser window... and I can not even locate the data files... the window stating the error is really small and I can not enlarge it with mouse... it just writes "Error loading experiment files from Dir..." as a title and body of the message window does not have anything written but just a big X in a red circle emoticon
any help is really appreciated
cheers

Answer
6/4/09 9:13 AM as a reply to Dear mtufanoz.
This is the second time I hear about that problem, it sounds like it tries to load all files in a given directory, maybe a general problem.

I would like to know if that occurred on vista.

To overcome the problem I would simply advise you to switch to version 3.0.0RC5 which will soon become the latest stable release which also comes bundled with java 1.6.

Answer
6/4/09 10:49 AM as a reply to Dear mtufanoz.
hi
yeah, the problem occured on vista... but it is strange that it does not even open the browser window...
thanx for the reply
cheers

Answer
6/4/09 10:52 AM as a reply to Dear mtufanoz.
Did version 3.0.0RC5 solve the problem?

Answer
6/11/09 7:31 AM as a reply to Dear mtufanoz.
I've downloaded and installed version 3.0.0RC6
it solved the problem
cheers