Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Not all mapped data points are visible in the Pathway

Hi Axel, I am working with tomato microarrays (Affy). I've gotten to the point of visualizing the Metabolic overview pathway with my own data and I get the message

Mapped 178 out of 171 ( some of the data points may be mapped multiple times to different bins)
Visible in this pathway: 44

Why aren't all the data points visible in the pathway although they are all significant (I only included the significant, all the rest were either eliminated or filtered out). the rest seems to be fine.

Thanks

Veronica

RE: Not all mapped data points are visible in the Pathway
Vastaus
1.9.2014 10:39 vastaus kirjoittajalle Maria Veronica Beligni.
Dear Veronica

this is simply due to the fact, that not all metabolites occru in all pathway. In the simplest case, assume you worked with secondary metabolites and looked at a pathway for primary metabolites.

On the other hand, since the number of metabolitesis that are typically being meaured is typically quite limited, we potentially should make a summary of all (but this is not currently included)

Best Wishes
björn

RE: Not all mapped data points are visible in the Pathway
Vastaus
1.9.2014 15:07 vastaus kirjoittajalle Björn Usadel.
Hi Björn, thanks! I assume that also applies for the General Overview Pathway, right? I also happen to have a lot of "unknown" and "unassigned", so I guess that contributes to what you're saying. Thanks again,

Veronica