Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Soybean Mappings

Soybean Mappings
Vastaus
4.12.2013 20:11
Hi,
I am trying to load the Gmax_189 mapping file for soybean. Based on previous threads, I deleted the PAC IDs from the file. Now when I try to load the file, I get the following error:

Error show mapping: Line 1643: bin has already been added 19.1 ('tetrapyrrole synthesis.magnesium chelatase' != 'tetrapyrrolesynthesis.glu-tRNA synthetase').

It looks like bin 19.1 has multiple names. Occurs other times in the file too.

Also, when I tried to download the xcel version of the mappings, the file was empty.

Thanks in advance

Michelle
magraham@iastate.edu

RE: Soybean Mappings
Vastaus
5.12.2013 10:13 vastaus kirjoittajalle Michelle Graham.
Hi Michelle,

i just tried loading the Gmax_189 mapping into MapMan to make sure that the original file in the MapManStore
is correct - and i loaded without problems. Deeper investigation shows that something must have gone a bit wrong
when you deleted the PACID portions of the gene identifiers, because in the original BIN tree the bin
"tetrapyrrole synthesis.glu-tRNA synthetase" has the code 19.1 and the bin "tetrapyrrole synthesis.magnesium chelatase"
has the bin 19.10. I would suggest that you start again from the originally downloaded file and check the method you
used to remove the PACID sections - it looks like it had some unexpected side effects.

Concerning the empty excel file - there really seems to be a problem on our side - we will investigate this. In the meantime,
if you prefer to view/edit the mapping file in Excel, you can import the text file into excel using the "Data"->"Get external data"->
"import text file" function. When importing, please make sure that you set the first column to "text" format and use the "tab"
as the column separator.

I hope this helps - best greetings,
Marc

RE: Soybean Mappings
Vastaus
12.1.2014 2:14 vastaus kirjoittajalle Marc Lohse.
Just a side note
19.10=>19.1 happens very often in Excel if the cells are not marked as text before copying things inside.

cheers
björn