Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Pageman- data compare w/ published lists of diff. expressed genes

I have found interesting correlations manually by comparing my transcriptome data on a pleiotropic mutant with tables from many papers that have short lists of differentially expressed genes. Thus, a type of meta-analysis, which Pageman might serve to visualize underlying shared mechanisms and illuminate signaling networks. However, those published lists of significantly changed expression due to the test condition usually don't provide access to the full dataset, and even when they do (e.g. in MAIME-compliant sets from Array Express or GEO), they are raw downloads in formats and from platforms that would require a lot of work, methodology validation, and some guessing to get them in the right format for MapMan to compare.

When I try the functions of Pageman (workflow, Venn, cluster) I get no visualization of the short list file, or get an error message "not enough data points to compute..." I put "X" in all the data cells of the shortlist file sans data to populate an identical list to my dataset, and that didn't help.

Is there a way to make such an analysis work? It's a pity if the thousands of experiments to be mined can't be mounted without redoing (blind) the primary data processing of the authors just to get a reliable list of TAIR10 AGI log2 ratios for MapMan input.

RE: Pageman- data compare w/ published lists of diff. expressed genes
Vastaus
22.9.2012 4:09 vastaus kirjoittajalle Chris Rock.
It appears my machine was bugged. I closed it and reopened and now it appears to be working! Cool tool.

Vastaus
23.9.2012 21:37 vastaus kirjoittajalle Chris Rock.
Hi
glad it worked out already. In any case you are right, I long planned to actually provide such a database. But too many other things.
Now that I finally start recovering from the move to my new place, maybe this is one of the new things that should be incorporated.

Cheers,
Björn

Vastaus
24.9.2012 6:33 vastaus kirjoittajalle Björn Usadel.
Thank you for your prompt reply and help!