Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

mapping file for soybean that has transcripts and metabolites

mapping file for soybean that has transcripts and metabolites
mapping files metabolites soybean rna
Vastaus
31.5.2011 23:06
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a mapping file for soybean that has both transcript (glyma01g23450 style for RNA seq) and metabolites together. If not, is the mapping to a single bin/spot consistent among the mapping files? Thanks,

Eva

RE: mapping file for soybean that has transcripts and metabolites
Vastaus
6.9.2011 12:01 vastaus kirjoittajalle Eva Collakova.
Dear Eva,

please check back in the MapManStore - i have uploaded a new mapping for soybean that includes the
metabolites.

cheers,
Marc

RE: mapping file for soybean that has transcripts and metabolites
Vastaus
1.4.2015 6:11 vastaus kirjoittajalle Marc Lohse.
Hi, Marc

I am very new to mapman and I just started to use it today to analyze my soybean RNA-seq data.

I have two very rookie questions.

One is that the software only allow me to submit a txt file with gene id number with up to 30, so how should I put all my differentially expressed gene id in one txt file and do the mapping? I know there must be a way.

The second question what is the format of the gene id that Gmax_109_peptide or Gmax_189 can both recognize, I tried the name "Glyma01g16140" and "Glyma.01g091300", neither of them worked. Do I really need to get the transcript name such as "Glyma.01g091300.1"? My tophat and cufflinks results don't provide those information.

Sorry for being such ignorant and I really appreciate your help.

Best,
Jesson