Welcome to the MapMan Family of Software Forum

Please do not hesitate to register and post your question.

Don't forget to subscribe to your posted message so you get notified on updates.
Every question you post will help others and or enhance the software!

Post a question,   post a bug!

Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum Welcome to the MapMen Family of Software Forum

Using MapMan

Mapping Glycine max RNA-seq data

Mapping Glycine max RNA-seq data
Vastaus
14.9.2010 16:54
I have a data set of Glyma style gene IDs from soybean that I'd like to analyze. Could someone help me out with an expedient manner of MapMan annotating these? Thank you.

RE: Mapping Glycine max RNA-seq data
Vastaus
15.9.2010 13:21 vastaus kirjoittajalle Colin SH.
Dear Colin,

currently we only support the affymetrix identifers (which were at least done partially by manual curation) We can however add automatic files for the latest genome release.

Just to make sure you need this style:
Glyma01g00300
Correct?

Best Wishes,
Bjrön

Vastaus
15.9.2010 17:16 vastaus kirjoittajalle Björn Usadel.
Bjrön, thanks for the help, I would greatly appreciate an automated MapMan annotation of the Glyma01g00300-style gene IDs. Could you briefly describe the methodology used in the annotation? For example, do you employ Mercator, or a distinct in-house algorithm? Is there a "master list" of soybean genes available with or without the corresponding RNA and amino acid sequences?

Thanks again,
Colin

Vastaus
16.9.2010 8:47 vastaus kirjoittajalle Colin SH.
Dear Colin

this would be using Mercator currently but depending on when we do it using an improved Mercator algorithm. If found anything gross with Mercator please let me know so we can also change this.

In brief it performs domain and protein family scans as well well as several blast searches against known proteins which it then combines into a common classification. What I am currently building in is detection of known proteins and we have (hopefully) some improvements for gene family scoring.

Best Wishes,
Björn

Vastaus
20.9.2010 21:13 vastaus kirjoittajalle Björn Usadel.
I'd prefer the mappings sooner rather than later, but do you happen to have an estimate of when the improvements to Mercator will be completed?

Vastaus
22.9.2010 17:49 vastaus kirjoittajalle Colin SH.
First improvements are due in the next few weeks.

Best Wishes,
Björn

Vastaus
26.10.2010 17:18 vastaus kirjoittajalle Björn Usadel.
Is there action needed from me to obtain the MapMan mappings for the Glyma1g0300-style IDs? Thanks.